Sunday, April 13, 2008

GRANDMA-MOM FOR 4 DAYS!

Okay - starting tomorrow at about 1 p.m. I get to be Grandma-Mom until later Thursday. Hope I'm up to this. Laurie & Eric are going to a Retail Expo in Vegas for our business (you know me and traveling-yuk!) and so I get to cover her shift at the shop. I will be working 10 am to 4 pm Tues, Wed & Thurs AFTER I get Kyle off to school, then after my shift at the shop I go to their house to make sure he does his homework and all that after school stuff then I get to run to my house and check in on and walk my two dogs, check my mail and makes sure all is in order there then back to his house to get us dinner. On Tuesday he gets his guitar lessons and on Wednesday I managed to get my massage in. I think by Thursday afternoon I will be more than happy to let Laurie be full-time Mom again. I am ready and willing to take on this assignment, besides it is temporary. Afterall, I'm not as young as I used to be and besides, notwithstanding I've done this all before, I like being free of all that hard work! LOL Truth - I love my time with Kyle even if it is hectic and definitely pulls on my energy reserves. For me it is one of the greatest gifts I have to be able to be so much a part of his life and have been since I was blessed enought to be there when he literally drew his first breath. So, today I plan on taking full advantage of my time and my type of play because I won't get back to it again until Friday. Hope my dogs understand...they are not used to sleeping alone in the house. Of well, they know they will get special treats for their sacrifces while I play Grandma-Mom.....I am soooooo bad! Later world....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Princess said...

It amazes me how much alike we are sometimes! Although I would lovingly and willingly take on a responsibility like that, it makes me cringe thinking about it! I like my me time which includes being alone! Of course that may not be such a good thing as I am still only 31! You will do great and I am sure Kyle will love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home