Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Each Breath is a Gift...

and I don't believe I have been honoring that gift. Why do I say that? Well, to me breath represents life and as my new motto implies, I have been breathing but not living-maybe existing but not living. So with that said...how was this day?


A mixture of frustration and relaxation. I was working on my taxes this morning (actually have been doing so for 3 days now) and finally just decided to go with whatever it says. I have no clue if they are right but I did the best I could. Problem is: No. 1 - the "little" business I started with Laurie. From my perspective it is just a fun little thing that we do and get to play store. I don't make any money - we don't even get a salary - and I just put money into it when needed. My money mind you, not someone elses. But for some reason the IRS consideres me self-employed and I had all these extra things to calculate. Like I said I finally just gave up and said, here it is - the best I can do - and I'll deal with whatever may happen. I don't really think anything will but better to feel that way now than worry. No. 2 - for anyone else out there that may be retiring and has an IRA - your retirement money is not considered "earned income." Why is that important you ask? Because you cannot contribute to an IRA for more than you make in earned income. Retirement money is not "earned" (but it is taxable!) and as a result, all the money I put into my IRA last year (thousands - in the low numbers but thousands) is considered as "non-deductible and therefore unless I withdraw it all before the 15th I have a penalty imposed against it by the IRS. Now tell me, if my income is not "earned" then what the heck is it. I put in a lot of years and my own money to get it now. Believe me I earned it! Anyway, tomorrow I go to the credit union and undo all the money juggling I did last Friday and close my IRA and my IRA-CD and then have to figure out - now what do I do with that money? Maybe I'll just play with it - let me see; a spa - a beauty make-over - a new toy...who knows. I'll let you know when I do.


Now the relaxation. I had a massage this afternoon with a wonderful masseuse and energy worker. What brought me to him was a scare I had about 3+ weeks ago. I thought I had a heart attack and really got a wake up call. I didn't, it was stress but the end result was - no more! Let's face it, I am closer to leaving this Earth than I am to newly exploring it. That is part of what brought me to the place where I made a choice. I am getting back to who I am; my core and foundation. I had lost that. I am taking care of me. I found Jessvan and because of his gentleness and incredible healing ability, I made arrangements for 4 massages with him. After that I'll decide if I continue bi-weekly or monthly but I will continue. I got a new look yesterday, as a side note, with a simple haircut and I love, love, love it. I feel more alive and younger, not just inside but outside too.


Okay, that is just one of my days and I figured it was a rather good place to start this blog. Hi to all out there and have a great evening. Remember to breath. Smiles, Me

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Princess said...

Scary! I am glad you are ok! I am so glad you started a blog, it is such a great way to keep track of everyones lives, and I personally receive a lot of fulfillment from it! Love you!

 
At April 14, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

Wow! What a beautiful snake. Just Gorgeous. I'm glad you are okay. I don't understand the whole IRS stuff. I have my taxes done and pay for it. I can't handle the stress. It is hot here today. 70. Yuch! I don't know how to connect your blog to my blog. Any suggestions? How was your time with Crystal? Why don't you post some pictures here? Would love to see your new do. Love hearing from you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home